Williams Law Group Receives Opinion From New Jersey Supreme Court
On May 27th, 2020, the Supreme Court of New Jersey decided on the case S.C. v. New Jersey Department of Children and Families. In their decision, the Supreme Court provided clarity on several New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF) procedures surrounding administrative findings of “Not Established”. The case, which was argued by Williams Law Group attorney Victoria D. Miranda, will create changes in DCF procedures across the state....
Family Bridges: Healing Families Affected by Severe Alienation
Fortunately, most cases of parental alienation are not so severe that the damage cannot be unwound through skilled, timely therapeutic intervention. However, in special cases – in which alienators are particularly relentless or egregious, or where the child is uniquely susceptible to the brainwashing – more formally structured assistance may be needed. Dr. Richard Warshak developed a program called Family Bridges, which is available in Canada and throughout the United...
Demystifying Motions in New Jersey Divorce Cases
A motion is a request for relief from the court. In a New Jersey divorce court, many motions can be filed during the litigation process. Each motion has a different purpose and requests a specific action from the court (e.g. make a decision or issue an order). The party seeking relief from the court can file a motion once the complaint for the case has been filed. In divorce and...
Who Gets Alimony In New Jersey And Why?
Transcript Allison Williams: In New Jersey, any person is eligible to receive alimony. It is not required that the person had worked in the marriage or not worked in the marriage. Typically, courts look at who was earning what the time the party separated. Depending, on what you earned you may be entitled to receive support. There needs to be a differential of incomes between the parties and the court...
Who can seek a child support modification in New Jersey?
Transcript Allison Williams: Any person who is entitled to receive support on behalf of a child can seek a support modification. That means that either the person who is receiving the support or the person who is paying the support. Or, even a third party who wants to establish a support obligation and have it modified over time that they have custody of the child. If you have questions about...
Let us know how we can help
Contact Our New Jersey Family Lawyers Today