* AVVO Ratings are published by Avvo Inc. The Avvo rating system evaluates a lawyer’s background based on response forms completed by clients and other lawyers as well as professional achievements, years of practice and other significant criteria. AVVO’s rating methodology can be viewed at www.avvo.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of N.J.
* Super Lawyers is a publication of Thomson Reuters. The selection process is conducted by an independent firm that determines which lawyers in New Jersey have attained a high degree of peer recognition & professional achievement. The selection process can be viewed at www.superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of NJ.
* American Institute of Family Law (10 Best Client Satisfaction; Top10 Under 40) “To be named an attorney must be formally nominated by the board, client, and/or fellow Attorney; have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating. To learn more about the selection process see www.aiofla.org. No aspect of this has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
* New Jersey’s Best Lawyers for Families is awarded by New Jersey Family. To be named one of “New Jersey’s Best Lawyers for Families” attorneys must be nominated by readers surveyed by New Jersey Family. To learn more about the selection process see http://www.njfamily.com/New-Jerseys-Best-Lawyers-for-Families. No aspect of this has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
The Williams Law Group was founded by attorney Allison C. Williams, Esq. Allison is a nationally recognized family attorney with experience in many areas of child abuse/neglect services, and the following experience to her credit:
Not only are you facing possibly criminal charges, you are at risk of losing your children. You need extremely skilled legal representation during this difficult time, to help you handle the complexities of child abuse allegations. From the beginning of the investigation through the hearing and administrative appeal, the Williams Law Group will be on your side, defending your rights and your future. If you believe there is abuse by your child’s other parent, we can also represent you, examining all the evidence, working hard to build a compelling case on your behalf.
Any claim of abuse must be investigated by the DCPP (formerly DYFS, the Division of Youth and Family Services). If accused of child abuse or neglect, it is extremely important that you not speak to anyone about your case without first talking to an attorney from the Williams Law Group. Your parental rights are at risk, and it is absolutely true that anything you say can and will be used against you. Following a thorough investigation, DCPP could move to terminate your parental rights, however before such a drastic step can be taken, DCPP must work with the parents, allowing them an opportunity to remedy any problems. Our attorneys have a significant level of experience working with DCPP, and will use that experience to defend your charges.
One of the worst things you will face as a parent is the termination of your parental rights. The legal standard in a Title 30 (guardianship) proceeding is always the best interests of the child, and termination is rarely instigated until the child has been in foster care for 15 of the past 22 months. At this point DCPP may instigate a termination of parental rights so the child can be adopted. If the child can be cared for by a close relative, or if it is clear the parents are working hard toward reunification, then termination may be delayed.
You can also surrender your own parental rights if you believe adoption would be better for your child, however you cannot do so simply to escape financial responsibility. Your parental rights are worth defending. If you are facing guardianship surrender or termination of your parental rights, you must take quick action, as these cases are complex and there is so much at stake. Child abuse or neglect is not necessarily enough to have your parental rights terminated, however such actions could limit your parental rights. If you are at risk of having your parental rights terminated, contact the Williams Law Group today. We will be your advocate during this difficult time, and will work hard to protect your parental rights.
Allison C. Williams, Esq., was selected as a Top 50 Women Attorneys in New Jersey in 2017, and was selected to the 2017 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest legal excellence standards. Ms. Williams was also named as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in 2016-2017 by The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys for providing exceptional, outstanding client service. Super Lawyers has awarded Allison C. Williams the award for excellence in practice for the past five years, and Ms. Williams was also awarded the Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member Award. Senior Associate Victoria D. Miranda, Esq., was named Rising Star Attorney in 2017.
Joining Allison are Victoria D. Miranda, Cristyn Clifton, and Melissa R. Barrella. Victoria Miranda is a Senior Associate at Williams Law Group and has been named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star Attorney for 2017. Ms. Miranda is passionate about providing her clients with the very best possible outcome in family law matters. Cristyn Clifton joined the Williams Law Group in June 2017 as a Senior Associate, bringing nearly a decade and a half of experience to the table, beginning with a Superior Court clerkship with the Honorable Mark B. Epstein, followed by several years in the private sector and public service experience in the Attorney General’s Office. Cristyn has a long track record of achieving superior outcomes for clients.
Melissa R. Barella is an Associate Attorney with the Williams Law Firm, earning her degree from Seton Hall University. Melissa’s early career focused on family law and criminal law with the frim of Fusco & Macaluso, before she became a civil litigator, specifically working in environmental litigation. Melissa brings writing, litigation, research and motion preparation skills to the team.
Rounding out this exemplary legal team are Marisol I. Gonzalez, Law Clerk, Judy L. Sotardi, Office Administrator, Anna Shea, Director of Client Engagement, Lianna Rivera, Client Intake/Marketing Assistant, Jasmine Diaz, Paralegal, Taylor Mitchell, Paralegal, Jenny Ventura, Filing Clerk and Raquel A. Diaz, Receptionist. Together, our team will provide you with comprehensive family law services, ensuring your rights and your future are well-taken care of.
"There is Allison, and there is everyone else... You simply cannot find better representation, and you should absolutely seek her out." -Client of Allison Williams
* Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.