2022 Opportunity to Grow Scholarship
The attorneys at the Williams Law Group, LLC understand firsthand the benefits a college education can provide both academically and socially. Education opens doors that might otherwise be closed, providing the ability to grow professionally and develop social bonds that may last a lifetime. That is why we are excited to offer a $1,000 scholarship to help a student pursue their educational goals.
At Williams Law Group, we have experienced the benefits of higher education, and we view academics as a way to contribute positively to society. We understand that college is less accessible to some due financial restrictions. We believe strongly in giving back to our community and do not want to see students give up on their dreams because they are unable to pay for school or supplies.
The Opportunity to Grow Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship available to students who meet the scholarship eligibility requirements below and who best describe in a 750-1,000 word essay what community means to them and how they demonstrated a commitment to both their school and larger community.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution
- A minimum GPA is not required
- A 750 – 1,000 word essay answering the following questions: What does your community mean to you? How have you demonstrated a commitment to both your school and larger community?
- Professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- Unofficial transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as their most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Opportunity to Grow Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) by December 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line [“First and Last Name”- Opportunity to Grow Scholarship Application].
Check out our past winners here.