Allison C. Williams, Esq.
Ever since Allison C. Williams, Esq., played the Prosecutor in her high school history class assignment, Allison felt it was her calling to become an attorney. Graduating Cum Laude and in the top thirty percent of her class, Allison earned her law degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 2003.
As the founder and owner of Williams Law Group, LLC, Allison’s practice focuses exclusively on matrimonial law and family law. Allison’s practice has an emphasis on complex Child Welfare matters, including representation in DYFS/DCPP matters, representation of resource family parents and consultation to matrimonial counsel regarding DCPP investigations and issues. Additionally, Allison covers areas from divorce, child custody and support to domestic violence and grandparent visitation.
Allison’s favorite part about being a family law attorney is problem solving with families through the legal process. Listening and caring every day, Allison serves as the voice for her clients, crafting innovative approaches to problems and helping them navigate the often confusing and jagged path of the family court system. As the chief legal strategist of Williams Law Group, each and every client has Allison’s eyes and ears, as she works with the firm’s talented team of attorneys and paralegals to find new solutions for the families the firm serves.
Allison is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA) where she is part of the Child Welfare Section and has served on the Family Law Executive Committee. Allison is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), an elite national organization, which promotes professionalism and excellence in the practice of family law, and whose Fellows gain admittance by taking a rigorous national exam, demonstrate substantial experience in complex family law matters, are recognized by the bench and bar as a leading practitioner, and has demonstrated substantial involvement in the matrimonial field through standards that advance the cause of matrimonial law. She is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, where she serves as a member of the New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification Matrimonial Committee, determining candidate eligibility certification for recognition as a practitioner in matrimonial law.
As an established leader in the field of child welfare law, Allison has appeared on several media outlets including Katie, the talk show hosted by Katie Couric, and News 12 New Jersey, New Jersey’s 24-hour cable news channel. Additionally, Allison lectures frequently for professional organizations, including ICLE, and her writings have appeared in the New Jersey Lawyer, The New Jersey Family Lawyer and in other publications statewide. Allison was recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyer in 2017 for the fourth consecutive year and Williams Law Group was listed as the 14th fasted growing law firm out of 500 by Law Firm 500.
When Allison is not practicing law or managing the firm, she enjoys serving as President of the Board for the non-profit organization, Parenting Evidence, spending time with her three-year-old godson, James, and rooting for the New York Giants.
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
Honors: Top 30% of class; Cum Laude graduate;
Corporate Counsel Certificate; Dean’s List
Florida State University School of Communication, Tallahassee, Florida
Master of Science, Communications – Corporate Communications
Honors: Summa Cum Laude graduate
Bachelor of Science, Communications – General Communications
Honors: Magna Cum Laude graduate; Dean’s List
- Top 500 fastest growing law firms in the country, Law Firm 500, #14 in 2017
- New Jersey Super Lawyer, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
- Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Family Law Trial Attorney, Nov. 2013
- Rising Star Attorney, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2008-2013
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), September 2012
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, March 2010
- ABWL Young Lawyer Change Maker Award, April 2009
- Circle of Excellence Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year Award, June 2008
- Supreme Court Committee
- Board on Attorney Certification, Matrimonial Certification Supreme Court Committee, 2012 – present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- NJ Chapter Board of Managers, 2017-2020
- President, Board of Parenting Evidence, Inc.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
- Certified Attorneys Section, 2011 – present
- Chair, 2011- 2012
- Family Law Executive Committee, 2011 – Present
- DCPP Subcommittee, 2012 – present
- Children’s Rights Subcommittee, 2009 – 2014
- Family Law Section, 2004 – present
- Child Welfare Law Section, 2010 – present
- Certified Attorneys Section, 2011 – present
- New Jersey Family Lawyer
- Editor, 2007 – 2013
- Monmouth County Legal Aid Society Trustee, 2007–2011
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 2006-2008
- Monmouth County Black Lawyers Caucus
- Founder, 2008 – 2009
- Monmouth Vicinage Advisory Committee on Minority Concerns, 2006 – present
- Women Lawyers in Monmouth, 2005 – present
- Association of Black Women Lawyers of New Jersey, 2007 – present
- Treasurer, 2010-2011
- Middlesex County Bar Association Family Law Section, 2005 – present
- Middlesex County ESP Panelist, January 2010 – present
- Union County ESP Alternate Panelist, January 2010 – present
- Union County Family Law Committee, 2010 – present
- Union County Professionalism Committee, 2015 – present
- Western Monmouth Chamber of Commerce (WMCC)
- Women in Business Committee, 2005 – 2009
- WMCC Management Symposium, Founder and Chair, 2007 – 2009